Monday 9 May 2011

Thinking of You

This weeks challenge on Cupcake Crafts is "Gingham and Roses". Now for those who know me, I very rarely use paper roses on any of my cards, so I have tried to incorporate them in a different way... using an embossing folder from Sizzix ( Just hope they count as roses lol). Anyhow, enough waffling, here is the card....

Image is Sugar Nellies "Sitting Down" Gorjuss Girl, another one that arrived last week.  I've coloured it in with my trusty promarkers (Cinnamon, cocoa, walnut, lavender, orchid, amethyst, almond, dusky pink). I've embossed panels with the embossing folder ( I'll try and find out the name if anyone is interested) and it's finished off simply with some gingham ribbon from the Ribbon Girl (thanks Andrea/Mary you are amazing...really can't beat your customer service).  I've used the sketch from this weeks Paper Pretties challenge #152 and I'm also entering it into this week's I Love Promarkers - Song Title as "James - Sit Down".....

Hope you all had a good weekend...

Jen xxx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Chick, stunning card - just love it. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one hun! I thought you were entering into a challenge with a song title too.... Sit Down?
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen. I absolutely love this card. Fab layout and subtle use of gingham and roses, but all there. Faberoony. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so pretty, love the embossed panels as a background for the sweet little girl:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design here, very CAS,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorjuss hun...and fabulous layout too..

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's totally adorable, great take on the sketch. thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card, fab layout too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on the challenge! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen, Fab card! I love how you have incorporated the gingahm and roses theme.

    Lisa x
    Guest Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the embossed panels and the sweet little gingham ribbon! Too cute!
    ~hugs
    Sara
    Guest Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super sweet card! Gorgeous embossed panels. So cute. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting ... please leave a comment so I can come visit you back...

Jen xxx